Objecto - Chapter 8: "The Bargain"


Previously on Objecto...


I picked it up, and it read:

"I have much compassion and understanding as a man, but I can no longer bear it.
Even I will rather burn in hell, than go through what I have with this. 
You don't notice it yet, but I have left it in your own possession. 
It begins...tonight. 
I'm sorry."




She took a pair of scissors and stuck it in her. 

Gerderk: "This oughta teach you a lesson! HAHAHAHAHAHA!"


???: "Call me Daelia."


Daelia: "The box was empty, but I was the charm that came along with it. I come with the box. As a result you are going to be having nightmares. You have a significant power as well. Each day, you are required to kill a person. If you don't, those closest to you are going to die. But, suicide is such an easy way out. You are now immortal. The explosion was a part of the ritual of giving the object to you. The object is giving you these powers, you hold great responsibility. All I can do, is sit here and watch."


Daelia: "Chris, you're going to kill someone. Or...Hallie is going to die."


And there was Hallie.

Hallie: "Chris?"
Chris: "Hallie?"

Why is she here?


Suddenly, she grabbed me and held me tight.
This is when it snapped, perhaps I really was going to have to kill someone tonight.
Would I kill someone? For...Hallie? 
But Hallie was only a nurse I've seen twice and have asked out.
Somehow I felt some kind of connection to Hallie, that I couldn't shake out of my head.



Reporter: "Today in the news, a woman has been massacred by a man with red hair, described as slender and average. He was last seen wearing dress clothes."


*Dials*
Chris (whispers): "Please pick up..."
*Someone picks up the phone*
Chris: "Hello?"
Phone: ".............."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
If a lie is not telling the truth, then a white lie is just as guilty as a regular lie since a white lie is not telling the truth.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.

Chris: "HELLO?!?"


Daelia: "Chris, I suggest that you put the phone down. I have an offer to make you."

What could THIS guy want? He MURDERED Hallie!



Chris: "You are a MURDERER! You killed Hallie because I didn't kill anyone!"
Daelia: "That IS a part of the contract Chris. Unfortunately, you didn't follow it. Fortunately, I have an offer to make you."
Chris: "Go on..."


Daelia: "Since you're new to this, I can give you one break. It will take a lot for me to do this with my powers, but it can be done. I will send you back in time and undo what has been done to Hallie. In addition to this, I will also give you an extended time period with Hallie to make sure you know how much she is worth to you. This will cost you though...You will have to murder more people once the contract begins again."

Why should I trust this 'Daelia' in the first place?!?!

Chris: "What if I don't take this offer?"
Daelia: "If you don't take my very generous offer, you will go outside, likely be arrested, and be put in prison for who knows how many years. Then, at night something will enter your cell and brutally mutilate you and you will end up in hell where you'll face eternal torture for your actions."

That's pretty steep...................................Wow.



Chris: "I guess I will take your offer Daelia...but..."

Suddenly, there was a flash of bright light.



Before I knew it, I was awake again. It was like I had woken up from the previous night, but it felt like I had been living for more years than I had before...like I was older.





Hallie: "Chris! Oh, why, you need to HURRY!"
Chris: "Hallie?"

What was she doing here?



Hallie: "Chris, don't you remember? You asked me on another date and it was for today. It was because you stood me up last time and you said to come right into the house, so you wouldn't forget to go out with me!"
Chris: "I don't remember..."
Hallie: "Well, you said it!"

What is actually going on here? I REALLY don't remember this going on at ALL.



Hallie: "Let's go! I'll drive today since you did last time. You don't have to get dressed, but at least get your glasses on mister!"
Chris: "Alright."
Hallie: "Take NO longer than a few seconds. See you out there!"



She is a strange woman, but she fills me with so much harmony. I've hardly known her for that long, but I feel as if she was meant to be with me forever. I'm...in...love.



*Door slams shut*



Reporter: "Today in the news, a woman has been massacred by a man with red hair, described as slender and average. He was last seen wearing dress clothes."


Reporter #2: "It is believed to be said that the suspect lives in the neighborhood of Sunset Falls, the metropolis that boomed and was built after Sunset Valley began to become too expensive to expand. The two neighborhoods are next to each other and neither had ever experienced a massacre quite like this one, let alone any murder situation. Police will be searching for the suspect all day."

Reporter: "If you have any suspicions or information, please call the police station and give them your concerns. "
_________________________________________________________________________
Please leave your opinion below. Find out what happens next time right here!

This is Chapter 8, and what do you think this is all about?

:) Thanks for reading.

-LoganWorm (Don't forget to comment before you read the next one!)

Next Chapter...