Objecto - Chapter 7: "Selfish Motive"


Previously on Objecto...


I picked it up, and it read:

"I have much compassion and understanding as a man, but I can no longer bear it.
Even I will rather burn in hell, than go through what I have with this. 
You don't notice it yet, but I have left it in your own possession. 
It begins...tonight. 
I'm sorry."


How could there be nothing in this box?



Gerderk: "How about you get blamed for MURDERING your own mother?"


She took a pair of scissors and stuck it in her. 

Gerderk: "This oughta teach you a lesson! HAHAHAHAHAHA!"



Suddenly I began to feel dizzy and that is when I fell over. 



???: "Call me Daelia."


Daelia: "The box was empty, but I was the charm that came along with it. I come with the box. As a result you are going to be having nightmares. You have a significant power as well. Each day, you are required to kill a person. If you don't, those closest to you are going to die. But, suicide is such an easy way out. You are now immortal. The explosion was a part of the ritual of giving the object to you. The object is giving you these powers, you hold great responsibility. All I can do, is sit here and watch."



Robert: "Yes, well uh, Chris there's something you should know. I am not a counselor, I am a psychiatrist, I thought Hallie would have told you."


Robert: "Don't hide anything from me. You will NOT be treated correctly, if you do."

That's what he wants me to think.

Chris: "I have nothing to hide Robert, I am telling you everything I can at this point. I need some more time to heal."


Suddenly my world stopped. And Daelia appeared before me. 

Daelia: "Chris, you have to kill someone today. You don't want me to do it for you...that wouldn't be good."


Daelia: "Chris, you're going to kill someone. Or...Hallie is going to die."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
If pain goes either way, what happens if neither way happens?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Without a cell moving in my body, Daelia disappeared, and I was proceeding the way I was.

Insanity, was I experiencing it? 
Trial and error, has only proved the same error.

I was going to have to make a decision today.


I drove home.


I went to the door.


I walked in.


And there was Hallie.

Hallie: "Chris?"
Chris: "Hallie?"

Why is she here?


Hallie: "Chris, what day is it?"

Oh wow. What day is it?

Chris: "I don't know..."
Hallie: "It's Sunday. You stood me up."
Chris: "I'm sorry, Hallie I have a lot going on."
Hallie: "Chris, it's okay. I understand, in fact I kind of expected it...it's the usual."
Chris: "I'm sorry Hallie."


Suddenly, she grabbed me and held me tight.
This is when it snapped, perhaps I really was going to have to kill someone tonight.
Would I kill someone? For...Hallie? 
But Hallie was only a nurse I've seen twice and have asked out.
Somehow I felt some kind of connection to Hallie, that I couldn't shake out of my head.


Chris: "Hallie, be careful tonight. Be VERY careful tonight."
Hallie: "I'm leaving Chris."

How did she even get in?


I decided to go to sleep that night.


But...I couldn't.


For hours, I paced.


And...paced.


And...paced.


It was 11:30 PM, that's when I decided I was either crazy or Daelia was a stalker who was on a drug. 
But, I knew...Daelia was a being that was not human. I knew it down to the last beat in my heart.

Murder is not my resort. 
I am not murdering anyone. 
That's crazy.


I woke up, and it was the next day. I had wondered if Hallie was...still alive. 
I was also wondering if Daelia, actually existed.


Reporter: "Today in the news, a woman has been massacerred by a man with red hair, described as slender and average. He was last seen wearing dress clothes."


I shivered.


I went to the phone and decided to go call Hallie, to make sure...


*Dials*
Chris (whispers): "Please pick up..."
*Someone picks up the phone*
Chris: "Hello?"
Phone: ".............."
_________________________________________________________________________
Please leave your opinion below. Find out what happens next time right here!

This is Chapter 7, and what happened to Hallie?

:) Thanks for reading.

-LoganWorm (Don't forget to comment before you read the next one!)