Objecto - Chapter 3: "The Opening"


Previously on Objecto...


I picked it up, and it read:

"I have much compassion and understanding as a man, but I can no longer bear it.
Even I will rather burn in hell, than go through what I have with this.
You don't notice it yet, but I have left it in your own possession.
It begins...tonight.
I'm sorry."

A chill went up my spine.


A bright flash is all I saw before I went unconcious. 


I proceeded to wake up in the hospital the next day.

Nurse: "A car drove into a house across the street from yours, the explosion was big enough to send you unconcious. Minimal damage was done to you and your home, but you're lucky chards of glass didn't get all over you! My name is Hallie, you may call me that. I think it would be best if you just stayed in bed for now."
Chris: "Well, thank you for tending me Miss, Hallie."


What's this, a box?


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
 It doesn't matter what you're told, once you cross the rubicon, there's absolutely no going back. Beware.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
This box, is intriguing.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

How could there be nothing in this box? 

Perhaps I was expecting more than what I should have. I must have left this damn thing out before the explosion, or put it out in my sleep.

Although, I don't know where it possibly came from.

I think a few drinks might help me calm down.


Let's see, what's in my wardrobe that isn't too professional?

I guess nothing...well I think it would be best if I just put on the clothes that I wore earlier. It's the most simple thing I could do.


I need to calm down, I mean an explosion is a work of trauma. 

But, I just can't help but think of my past.


??? (whispers): Cooooooooooooooooommeeeee to me...


Guy: "Dude, are you alright?"
Chris: "Yes, I'm sorry. I just had thought it was a lot colder outside."

What the hell just happened! WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED?
This...is beginning to make me feel uneasy.
I need a few drinks, I NEED a few drinks.
Okay, maybe I am overreacting. I mean, all that happened was some wind gust, I'm sure.


Bartender: "The name is Ferra hun. Can I get you something?"
Chris: "Yes, I'd like the first drink you can think of, and fast!"
Ferra: "Sure thing hun. What's the trouble?"


Chris: "What trouble? I am perfectly fine."


Ferra: "Well, no one typically orders the first drink they see unless they are an alcoholic, underage, or someone with a problem so bad they just want to forget about it. I could be wrong, but you don't look underage and I know you aren't an alcoholic, unless you specialize in make-up when you're drunk, but I have never heard of that sort of thing."


Chris: "Well, I don't need to tell you anything. All you have to do is serve me!"


Ferra: "Technically, I don't have to do anything. I'll let you slide for tonight, but don't expect the same treatment the next time you come in here and act like that."


Hallie: "Chris?"


Chris: "Oh, Hallie. I didn't know you drank?"


Hallie: "I don't, often. Hehe. How have you been since you got out yesterday?"
Chris: "Feeling a little off of my rocker. I think it might be some side effects from the meds."
Hallie: "Or some serious trauma from the accident. Even though there were no signs of physical injury, I think there may have been some mental injury."
Chris: "I sure hope not!"
Hallie: "Chris, I think you might need some counseling for a little while. You're not crazy, we all could use some counseling, but I think you need some to recover from this. The doctor you had, well I don't get along with him very much, that's why I had to let you go, if it were my decision you would have stayed."


Chris: "Hallie, would you like to go to dinner some time?"
Hallie: "Well, Chris I don't typically date my patients, but considering I am concerned for you, I suppose a 'date' couldn't hurt you or I. But don't consider this a beginning to a romantic voyage or anything, I don't think I'll ever have children."
Chris: "Hallie, you're funny. So, how does-"


Hallie: "I have Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays off. Pick me up by 8, and we can go. See you then, for now I have somewhere to be."


Chris: "Bye...Hallie."

I don't know why I asked her out, but I think it's a good thing I did. Wait, I didn't ask her out, she jumped to the conclusion I was going to. Oh well, I am still going to take that opportunity. 

I think one drink is enough tonight. 

I need some water before I go, I think that might wake me up from this nightmare.


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
_________________________________________________________________________
Please leave your opinion below. Find out what happens next time right here!

This is Chapter 3, Chapter 4 awaits either answers or secrets. Wait will happen?

:) Thanks for reading.

Lots: The Hive

There is more CC used, just not noted.

-LoganWorm (Don't forget to comment before you read the next one!)